Cranberry Jalapeno Spread - Recipe
Cranberry Jalapeno Spread
Serves 15-20 people
Colorful flavorful appetizer that can be prepared the night before. Great for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any special time!!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (1 bag)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ¾ c sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1-2 T Underwood Ranches Verde Hot Sauce
- ½ t cumin
- 2 T fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Crackers or tortilla chips
- Pulse the washed cranberries in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped.
- Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, UR Verde Hot Sauce, cumin, lemon juice and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped. You want a coarse texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered glass bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight). The flavors will develop and the cranberries will sweeten up a bit.
- When ready to serve, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate or 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry-jalapeno mixture, spreading evenly over the top of the cream cheese. (You may need to strain some of the cranberry liquid first before spreading the mixture onto the cream cheese.)
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.