Spicy Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas - Recipe
Spicy Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- one 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ½ T olive oil
- ½ T UR Sriracha
- ¾ t cumin
- ½ t garlic powder
- ½ t brown sugar
- ¼ t smoked paprika
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Dry thoroughly with paper towels and dish towels. You can pick out and discard any skins that rub off of the peas.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour and scatter the dried chickpeas onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 400.
- Mix together the 6 spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 375.
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl and stir the olive oil into the chickpeas and then stir in the UR Sriracha.
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with the seasoning mix and stir.
- Pour the seasoned chickpeas back onto the same baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes at 375.
- Stir the chickpeas at the 15 minute mark.
- When the chickpeas are golden brown and starting to crisp up, turn off the heat and crack open the oven door. Let the chickpeas cool in the oven for about 10 minutes. They will start to crisp up more.
- Serve as is or you can store in a loosely covered container up to a few days.
- Crunch with a friend!!