Carolina Maple Bacon - Recipe
Carolina Maple Bacon
An addictive spicy sweet appetizer which may become dessert or breakfast if there is anything left!!
- 1 lb thick bacon strips (app. 10-12 slices)
- ½ c pure maple syrup
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 – 3 T Underwood Ranches Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 300 degrees or oven to 350.
- Stir together maple syrup, brown sugar and UR Carolina Gold til mixed. Taste and add more Gold if desired.
- Coat both sides of the bacon strips with the sauce (I chose to cut my bacon in half before coating).
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and line with parchment paper. Place the bacon strips in a single layer on the sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the bacon strips over and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- Bacon will caramelize and become sticky. Cook longer if needed, but don’t let it burn.
- Let pan cool for about 15 minutes and then using tongs, transfer the sticky bacon to a platter. The bacon will crisp up as it cools.
- You can always splash on more UR Carolina Gold if desired.