Collard Greens - Recipe
Quick & Tender Collard Greens
Great side for BBQ meats or as a complete meal served with rice and black eye peas. Surprisingly tender and flavorful!
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 c onions, chopped
- 2 t garlic, minced
- 8 oz ham, cut in short thick strips
- 1 ½ T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1# or 8 c collard greens
- 14.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 T Underwood Ranches Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- In a 6 qt pressure cooker with a Saute/Brown mode, add chopped bacon and cook til it starts to crisp up.
- Add onion and garlic and stir until onion starts to soften.
- Mix in ham, vinegar, brown sugar and stir.
- Chop collard greens into 1” strips. Pack into pressure cooker and stir once to coat greens.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir in Carolina Gold.
- Cook greens on High Pressure for 30 minutes and then release pressure.
- Stir in more Carolina Gold (some of the flavor is absorbed into the greens during cooking) and serve over rice. Top with crumbled bacon if you would like. Great with cornbread.