Watermelon Sorbet - Recipe
Watermelon Sorbet (Spice on Ice)
- ½ c water
- 1/3 c plus 1T sugar
Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes and then place saucepan into a bowl of ice and water to cool fast. (can also place pan in frig to cool)
- 4 c seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 T lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 T lime zest
- salt to taste
- Underwood Ranches Roja Hot Sauce to taste – ½ to 1 teaspoon or 1 to 3 squirts
- Add cooled simple sugar syrup to a blender/processor along with watermelon cubes, lime juice, lime zest, a dash of salt and a couple of squirts of UR Roja Sauce.
- Blend or pulse until smooth.
- Set a kitchen mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour blender mixture through the strainer. Use back of ladle to press liquid through and then toss out retained seeds and pulp.
- Taste the watermelon juice mixture and add more salt or UR Roja Sauce according to taste and your desire for heat.
- Pour the watermelon juice mixture into a 9 x 13 metal pan or whatever will fit into your freezer.
- Stir mixture every 20-30 minutes as it ices up. Ready in about an hour or so.
- Scoop into bowls and get ready for your spicy, sweet, frosty treat. To go one step further, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a spicy watermelon creamsicle!!