Quick & Spicy Red Pepper-Tomato Pasta Sauce - Recipe
Quick & Spicy Red Pepper-Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 3 red peppers (Anaheim, jalapeno or bell)
- 3# or about 15 Roma tomatoes
- olive oil
Split all lengthwise and seed peppers. Brush with oil and broil for 10 minutes or until brown. Turn as needed.
- 1# ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 t minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t basil leaves, fresh
- 1 t oregano
- 2 – 3 t Underwood Ranches Bibimbap
- 2 T tomato paste
- ½ c red wine
- ¼ c olive salad or olives, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop up tomatoes and peppers after broiling. (You can remove the tomato skins first if you so desire.) Set aside in a bowl.
- Microwave ground Italian sausage until no longer pink. Drain and discard grease and set sausage aside.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté or Brown. Add 2 T olive oil and heat up.
- Add onion and garlic and stir till soft and translucent.
- Add cumin, basil, oregano, tomatoes, peppers, Bibimbap sauce, tomato paste and wine. Stir. Use immersion blender if you prefer a smoother consistency.
- Add cooked sausage and olive salad. Taste for seasonings and heat level with salt, pepper and Bibimbap as needed.
- Cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. Stir when done and serve with bucatini or your favorite pasta. Top with grated parmesan cheese.