Gazpacho - Recipe
Gazpacho To Go
- 3# or about 15 Roma tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 Anaheim pepper
Split all lengthwise and seed peppers. Smoke* for about 45 minutes.
Chop and place in blender along with the following:
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 t minced
- 1 c cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 T fresh basil leaves or 1 t dried
- 2 T lime juice (1-2 limes)
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Underwood Ranches Sriracha to taste – 1 to 2 t or 3 to 4 squirts
*If you do not have access to a smoker, add 1 t of smoked paprika to the mixture.
Optional: extra celery stalks, crumbled bacon
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender/processor until pureed or a smooth consistency, about 20-30 seconds. (Pulse if you want the chunkiness instead.)
- Taste for seasonings and heat level with more salt and UR Sriracha as needed.
- The mixture should be the consistency of a milkshake with a homogenous texture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Pour into a large glass (or a To Go mug) with a tall celery stick as a garnish and sprinkle with bacon if desired.
- For a Stay at Home soup/beverage, you can add a shot or two of your favorite spirit.